Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The border is on

Yesterday I took my time and added the border to Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilt. I was careful to get it right as I did enough unpicking yesterday and last week. Anyway, I am very pleased with the result. Unfortunately the picture doesn't show the border, it is a pretty big quilt. If I can get the backing sewn up today I will be very pleased. I want to finish off the quilt with the lavendar coloured roses embroidered on it but I can only do so much of it at one time becasue the perle thread is thick and my fingers really hurt after 4 or five roses...........at this rate it could take me another year to finish. I really want to start the English Baskets c1800 quilt from Threadbear BUT I have to finish several others first. Maybe I will try to focus on the Pine Burr Quilt. It is going to be another scorcher today so best to stay indoors and sew. I have to go to an appointment for 2.20pm but I won't be venturing out at any other time today.

By the way, the day started well with the sighting of 4 lovely hot air balloons in the north eastern sky over Melbourne - they looked so serene.

1 comment: